Thursday 18 February 2010

Chili Hot Chocolate

Hey Everybody!

I had a fabuloso birthday yesterday, and I got this chili hot chocolate mix from Tom & Suze. I had a cup tonight, and it tasted soooo good.

I'd share with you, except I'm not that nice!

I'm trying to decide if I need to start taking this blog thing seriously or not!??

The weather in Jolly 'ol England is a bit of a mixed bag at the moment. Last night it was f'n freezing! This morning we woke up to some serious frost. I've started scanning the base of trees to see if we've got bulb-age. And guess what......we have bulbs!!!! Literally yesterday at this one tree by city centre there were no bulbs coming up. Today, we have little yellow crocus trying to make their way up through the crunchy grass.

Over by the office, in Kingstown Park, there are daffodil bulbs springing up everywhere! They aren't blooming yet of course, but they are there! There will be a sea of daffodils in no time.

The most amazing thing I think I've learned in England in my almost five years here was that feeling of Spring. You don't get that in Los Angeles. You get - yeah, the bulbs are coming up feeling. But not the promise of spring feeling, the feeling that soon it will be sunshine and beauty, the feeling that winter is wrapping up, that blooms are coming, t-shirts and flip-flops, skirts and sunshine. It's a feeling you don't get unless you are subjected to some proper winter-ness. Which we have been this year!

Hey, everyone, welcome to Spring!

:) misha

No comments:

Post a Comment